We “KSM Exports” are an Indian based Import & Export Company offering best quality "Arni" silks, other garments like Jeans, T-Shirts, Casuals etc... Our aim is to offer maximum quality products under one roof for the ease of our customer to save their valuable time and efforts.
We at “KSM Exports” endeavour to crave a place for ourselves in the world as a leading source of Products we provide. KSM Exports are well equipped with efficient management, quality control systems and optimum service.
The skilled professionals at our unit are well aware of industry quality trends and changing demands of clients and accordingly process the order with strict quality control.
Historic Roots of Arni Silks
Arni is an hour away from Kancheepuram, which boasts of a silk weaving culture subdued but substantial, has the illustrious dynasty of silk sarees. They carry the genes of this dynasty who lived 1200 years ago. The Saurashtrans, were said to transform cotton into something magical. Their expertise was not restricted to weaving but to all forms of textile art – printing, dyeing, embroidery and resist dyeing. They were a god-send in a land already rich with cotton crop. Soon a royal charter named them ‘Pattavayahs’ – which meant ‘weavers ‘. They became so rich that they donated land and gold to temples. All was well for the Saurashtrans until about 1000 AD, when Mohammed Ghazni invaded these lands. Mass destruction and looting that followed forced the Saurashtran weavers to flee these cotton-rich lands in large numbers. Their flight from this land took them to other parts of the country over a period of two centuries.
Korvai – The interlocking borders of Handloom Arni Silks
The Arni silk saree and other sarees from Tamil Nadu are the carriers of the historic Saurashtran legacy. While they have preserved their religious roots, their integration with the Tamil community is deep and complete. The Arni silk saree is a bright, colourful rich silk saree. The arani silks still maintain the multi hued quality, heavily addicted to bright colours, gold zari work and typical motifs. It also however has its own unique quality. The most unique feature of the arni silk saree, is its interlocking border – the ‘korvai’ and the contrast pallu. Arni silks are embellished with checks pattern or the ‘kottadis’. Now checks and stripes are a traditional design pattern and can be found on any arani silk saree.This adorable quality of arani silks is perhaps what makes it so endearing. What makes these two ornamental silk sarees of the south apart are that the arani pattu saree is light weight.
Uniqueness of Arani silk saree
- These silk sarees are light weight
- Bright and Rich colors are been used and contrast borders are been beautifully crafted
- Technique used in weaving, interlocking border called the ‘korvai’ and the contrast pallu is crafted
- Arni silks are embellished with checks pattern called as Kottadi checks or Kottadis
Fabric care for Arni silk sarees
- It is generally preferred to give silk saree for dry cleaning
- Once in a while make sure, you change the folds of the silk saree
- Make sure these soft sarees to preserve against dampness and moisture
- Avoid storing this precious sarees in polythene bags, warp these sarees in clean muslin cloth and store them
- Never wring the silk saree
- If ironing the silk saree, check out for silk-settings in the iron box, keep the fabric settings as medium or low heat or delicate/silk setting and iron the saree always on backside of the silk fabric